POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Space Fight : Re: Space Fight Server Time
19 Jul 2024 15:25:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Space Fight
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 25 Sep 2002 14:18:51
Message: <3d91fe0b$1@news.povray.org>
Looks pretty good, though the animation jerks at a few
moments... And I'd like to see a ship explode, or cameras
attached to ships... That'd be nice.

I was thinking about doing something similiar myself, but
more particle-particle interaction instead of ships. I like
the swarming behaviour of birds, and wanted something
more like that... More alive and vivid, and even more
unpredictable.
And, above all, something I can play around with (changing
weights on different direction-choices, speeding and
stopping, vision etc).

Sort of a tool to populate a little given area for animations to
add some interesting detail. Perhaps I could have a go for
objects moving across a heightfield and avoiding too steep
areas and themselves (to get those battlefield of Lord of the
Rings, Braveheart, Star Wars, you name it... All with POV!!!)

<-unlikely mode off>

Well, at least something to strive for...

--
Tim Nikias